NEW YORK, NY.- Paddle8
, the leading online auction house debuts a newly designed website, which seamlessly combines content with commerce across all platforms. Paddle8 also announces new feature called Storefronts that will showcase rotating selections of artwork, collectibles and experiences along with rich content offered in a buy-now format. The new Paddle8 transactional ease-of-use with beautiful image-centric browsing that integrates content and narrative into all aspects of sales. Paddle8, led by content marketing specialist Izabela Depczyk, founder of the Swiss-listed company The Native, who are strategic investors in the brand, will expand categories with a focus on brand partnerships and as a convener of limited-edition artist-centric collectibles.
Im pleased to be spearheading a content-first strategy as we expand our audience especially in a key growth demographic of Gen Z collectors, states Izabela. We are excited to unveil the new design which seamlessly integrates storytelling into the shopping experience.
The winter auction line up is highlighted by marquee auctions in Paddle8s key categories including Street Art, Contemporary Art, Editions and Photographs, which included a sale dedicated to the works of Andy Warhol. Paddle8 continues to lead with a roster of dynamic partnerships including the recent benefit auction for The Warhol Museum, a benefit sale supporting The Kitchen, a partnership with Puma #REFORM platform featuring artist painted basketballs benefitting the Trayvon Martin Foundation, partnerships with december magazine to support their independent literary mission, a benefit sale with Merge Records benefitting 350.org, a sale with Henzel Studios benefitting The Elton John Aids Foundation, a partnership with shoe designer M. Gemi featuring artist designed boots benefitting La Marana, Greenwich Arts Council, American Red Cross, Cancer Cure Foundation, and St.Jude Childrens Hospital.
Paddle8s new Storefronts feature will offer clients, consignors and partners a new avenue for a year-round activation of their brand, allowing for sales which expand beyond the auction format and into a set-price, unlimited time offers, with continuous audience engagement driven by video and rich-media content. Benefit partners will have the ability to fundraise outside of their usual two-week benefit auction while offering Paddle8 clients a new avenue to discover expanded categories including artwork, collectibles and experiences in a dynamic buy-now format. Paddle8 will debut Strorefronts with The Art of Empowerment a partnership between UN Women UK and Maria Baibakova of Baibakov Art Projects, offering 30 limited edition work by artist Tschabalala Self, known for her striking depictions of female bodies that address her own experiences and cultural attitudes toward race and gender. Proceeds will support the organizations mission to remove the social and cultural barriers that prevent women and girls from achieving their potential.
THE NEW WEBSITE
Paddle8s sleek new look incorporates best-in-class user experience featuring a fully integrated content and transactional experience with intuitive social media style navigation. The newly designed Paddle8 platform increases ease-of-use for visitors and collectors in concert with beautiful image centric browsing. New features include shoppable stories that incorporate the best of content and e-commerce.
Paddle8s latest experience represents our most refined iteration so far, states co-founder Alexander Gilkes. This was made possible by a total overhaul of the platform and vast improvements in look and functionality; truly making Paddle8 the platform for the 21st century collector."
Collectors can now discover works and artists based on image content using a search feature built on Googles cutting-edge machine learning infrastructure. Franchises include The Collector, @ the Studio, The Streets Series and Spotlight on (nonprofit partners). Paddle8 will also roll out a new buy-now feature. Paddle8 users can now also save works to collections and wish lists that can be shared.
WINTER AUCTION HIGHLIGHTS
Paddle8s refreshed website will offer its more than 350 benefit partners a more seamlessly integrated content marketing experience, which upfronts storytelling and fully contextualizes the auction experience through innovative storytelling and rich graphics.
Fall/Winter auction highlights included Paddle8s curated sale spotlighting works by Andy Warhol November 9 - 22, timed for the artists first retrospective in decades at the Whitney Museum and a sale dedicated to the works of Shepard Fairey, October 24 - November 5.
Benefit auction highlights included:
· A benefit auction in support of The Andy Warhol Museum, October 26 - November 11 with an auction preview on November 10 at the new Brant Foundation space in the East Village and a live auction dinner on November 12 at Indochine
· A benefit sale supporting The Kitchen on October 30 - November 13
· A sale benefitting Coalition for the Homeless, November 14 - 27
· A partnership with december magazine, an independent nonprofit literary magazine that was founded in 1958. A benefit auction will support the unique imprint which publishes original prose, poetry, and art submitted by new writers and artists, as well as previously unpublished work by distinguished literary figures, November 19 - December 3.
· Anónimo featuring anonymous works by top Mexican and Latin American artists, to be revealed after the auction closes at the Faena Forum during Art Basel Miami Beach. Anónimo encourages the purchase of art without preconceived ideas, motivated only by a connection to the work November 20 - December 4.
· A partnership with Merge Records benefitting 350.org presenting a benefit auction to debut at Merges booth at NADA Miami, November 27 - December 11
· A partnership with Pumas recently launched #REFORM platform featuring artist-designed basketballs with proceeds benefitting the Trayvon Martin Foundation, ends December 13.
· A sale in partnership Henzel Studios of unique artist-designed rugs benefitting The Elton John Aids Foundation, December 3 17
· In partnership with Elle Decor, Paddle8 will present Not For Sale, each month of 2018 the magazine presented an artisan who created a unique piece featured in the magazine. All twelve design objects will be offered for sale to benefit a charity of the makers choosing, December 5 - 19.