Colored diamonds and lots from Mr. & Mrs. Gene Autry and various other exceptional collections are expected to vie for top-lot honors in Heritage Auctions
' Summer Fine Jewelry Auction June 11 in Chicago, which has a high estimate of nearly $6.5 million.
"Colored diamonds are extremely popular," Heritage Auctions Senior Director of Fine Jewelry Jill Burgum said, "and considering the number of high-quality colored diamonds that will be offered, we expect that trend to continue in the Summer Fine Jewelry Auction."
A Fancy Yellow Diamond, Diamond, Gold Ring (est. $475,000-525,000) is a showstopper that features a cushion-shaped fancy yellow diamond weighing 29.02 carats, enhanced by full-cut diamonds with a combined weight of approximately 2.70 carats, set in 18k white and yellow gold. The lot is accompanied by a GIA report that states "Natural, Fancy Yellow color, VS1 clarity."
A dual-purpose, Convertible Pendant-Ring features a Fancy Orangy Pink Pear Rose-Cut Diamond (est. $100,000-150,000) weighing 2.83 carats, surrounded by pear and full-cut diamonds with a combined weight of over 3.00 carats, set in 18k white gold.
An exquisite Fancy Intense Green-Yellow Diamond, White Gold Ring (est. $100,000-125,000) features a cushion-shaped fancy intense green-yellow diamond weighing 2.01 carats and is accented by full-cut diamonds with a combined weight of approximately 0.15 carats, set in 18k gold. The ring is accompanied by a GIA report that reads "Natural Fancy Intense Green-Yellow, Even color, VS2 clarity."
For the designer-conscious enthusiast, a Jean Mahie Pink Sapphire, Diamond Suite (est. $40,000-60,000) includes a matching double-sided necklace and bracelet featuring round-cut pink sapphires weighing a total of approximately 14.00 carats and full-cut diamonds weighing a total of approximately 14.00 carats. An alternate suite set providing a Jean Mahie Peridot, Diamond Suite (est. $30,000-40,000) combination is also available for sale. Both necklace and bracelet in both sets also may be combined to create the ultimate long chain, offering an element of attractive versatility.
A significant South Sea Cultured Pearl, Diamond Ring set in platinum signed by Ruser (est. $9,000-12,000) is being offered from the Collection of Mrs. Gene Autry.
The other top lots from Mrs. Autry's collection include:
· Cultured Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, Gold Necklaces (est. $8,000-10,000)
· Diamond, Platinum, Gold Necklace, Oscar Heyman Bros. (est. $8,000-10,000)
A Diamond, Platinum, Gold Necklace (est. $40,000-50,000) features an emerald-cut diamond weighing 5.01 carats, set in platinum, completed by a 14k gold chain. The lot includes a GIA report that states "I color, VS1 clarity."
Other top lots include, but are not limited to:
· Burma Ruby, Diamond, Platinum, Gold Ring est. $40,000-50,000
· Diamond, Platinum Ring, Cartier (est. $35,000-55,000)
· Fancy Yellow Diamond, Gold Earrings (est. $30,000-40,000)
· Burma Ruby, Diamond, Sterling Silver-Topped Gold Earrings (est. $30,000-40,000)
· Diamond, White Gold Necklace, Assil (est. $30,000-40,000)
· Purplish Red Spinel, Diamond, Gold Ring (est. $30,000-40,000)
· Diamond, Peridot, Gold Jewelry Suite, Jean Mahie (est. $30,000-40,000)
The auction also includes a focused offering of Gentleman's jewelry and timepieces from the collection of Dr. G. Scott Phillips, the legendary singer-songwriter Gene Autry and an Oklahoma Gentleman. These collections feature a wide array of cufflinks, dress sets, rings and watches, all fashioned from a variety of gemstones and precious metals. Two unique lots included in this portion of the sale are a Diamond, Gold Plated Brass Hourglass by DeBeers (est. $6,000-8,000) and a Corum Gold Coin, Gold Watch (est. $8,000-10,000).
Top lots from the Gentleman's Collection include, but are not limited to:
· Gentleman's Diamond, Gold Ring (est. $8,000-10,000)
· Gentleman's Ceylon Yellow Sapphire, Gold Ring (est. $8,000-10,000)
· Cat's-Eye Chrysoberyl, Colored Diamond, Diamond, Gold Ring (est. $8,000-10,000)
· Gentleman's Diamond, Gold, Silver Pendant-Necklace (est. $8,000-10,000)