It sometimes happens that players of massive and addictive RPGs (MMORPGs) leave their dungeons to put aside their daily routine. But then other things start to attract their attention. Of course, they have fun killing their epic bosses in games. Sometimes people like to find something connected with their own experience in their games, and this is now very well understood by the developers who, communicating from time to time with the players and adapt part of the world around us to their modern creations.
In particular, when making a choice or giving their rating to top server lineage 2 interlude, players have the opportunity to leave their feedback, share comments with the developers and gather their audience.
Developers are well beginning to understand that their games should have something at least significant, so that it will be better interest to their fans and not be unnecessarily boring. But it also happens that the developers even manage to make a work of art from their game, especially when the storyline refers us to real locations and game architecture. This applies to Lineage 2, as its environment looks not only alive but also splendid. Perhaps this was it main idea.
For a start, we may consider just a few game examples.
- The Notre-Dame de Paris (the famous Parisian Catholic Cathedral), without any of doubts, was a strong source of inspiration for the creators of the Einhasad temple, located in the city of Giran. But at the same time, this temple also has some similarities with such famous temples as Notre-Dame de Chartres and even Notre-Dame de Reims, so what kind of temple was it? Of course, it makes a strong impression on any Lineage 2 player, since this building serves not only for religious purposes, but also perfectly matches the medieval city of this game. Many players hang in front of him for a long time not only to get the original quest, but also to make a copy of the screen with it as a keepsake.
However, there are still architectural wonders in this city, and the Taj-Mahal is immediately visible behind this majestic cathedral. It is located on a special platform above the water. It is worth noting the color of its dome, its Hellenistic entrance and even the architectural ensemble reminiscent of the Reichstag. This combination of highly artistic architectural elements is amusing on the one hand, and on the other worthy of the highest praise.
- Stonehenge in this game seems too quoted. Throughout the map, such monuments are found more than once and, naturally, they strongly resemble the original. It is interesting to feel the player who stumbles upon a similar monument in the game. Its images and dimensions make him feel unusually tiny, which causes a kind of even peculiar awe in his soul, at least before his long and centuries-old history.
- Another playable stone attraction is the Colosseum, which for some reason has been replaced by the Gothic and castle arena.
- If you will analyze depicted in the Lineage the Tower of Insolence on well-known scientific and biblical sources, you will be noticed by its resemblance to the Tower of Babel. This castle was built by Emperor Baium in order to gain eternal life with its help. And this is quite consistent with the Babylonian myth about people who at one time wanted to reach heaven. Baium succeeded quite well, but he lost his mind, while the ancient Babylonians lost the ability to understand each other at all.
- The developers of the game, of course, were inspired by the images one of the cities of Middle-earth, maybe Minas Morgul or Minas Tirith, known to us by the work of John Ronald Ruel Tolkien. The Runa castle presented in the game is a colorful multi-level fortress, created in the rock and designed to repel a months-long siege.
The castles of Stuttgart and Goddard may still be added to the list of Anarion's creations, especially if you take into account other references to Middle-earth
However, I have a feeling that I also missed other significant buildings associated with my other favorite games. Perhaps you have your own thoughts and ideas on what influenced the authors to create them in your other favorite MMORPG games?