When you think of housecleaning, dryer vent cleaning is probably not the first thing that comes to mind. However, it is quite necessary for several reasons.
In this article, we will discuss why dryer vent cleaning should be part of your annual cleaning routine. To get a quote for vent cleaning, contact your local dryer vent cleaning
company in Toronto.
Basic Facts About Dryer Vent Cleaning
How often should you clean your dryer vents?
The best way to avoid unnecessary dryer vent repair in Toronto, you should clean your dryer vents once a year. This will prolong the life of your dryer in addition to preventing house fires. In some instances, you may need to have them cleaned more than once a year, such as the following.
● If you have pets, you should clean your vents more often as pet hair and dander can cause your vents to clog.
● Those with a larger family size tend to use their washer and dryer more frequently than smaller-sized families. The more you use your dryer, the more lint will accumulate in the vents.
● Those who wash bulk items such as comforters, blankets, and towels should have their dryer cleaned more frequently.
What are the benefits of dryer vent cleaning?
1. Reduced risk of dryer fire
Lint is extremely flammable. Dryer vents that are backed up with lint and other debris are susceptible to dryer fires, which can be deadly. Cleaning your dryer vents at least once a year will drastically reduce the risk of house fires.
2. Lower energy costs
Clogged ductworks cause the dryer itself to have to work twice as hard to dry your clothes, towels, linens, and other items. Regular dryer vent cleaning can reduce annual energy costs by as much as thirty percent.
3. Less wear and tear on the dryer
Not only does an overworked dryer raise energy bills, but it will also cause excessive wear and tear on your dryer. Having your dryer vents professionally cleaned will extend the lifespan of your dryer. Additionally, it can help prevent repair and maintenance costs.
4. Lower risk of mold and mildew issues
Damp lint that is trapped in the dryer vents can lead to mold and mildew issues. Mold is especially detrimental to your health. A clean dryer vent will help prevent mold and mildew from forming in your household. You can learn more here
about the vital reasons why you should clean your dryer vent.
How do I know my dryer vents need to be cleaned?
The following signs indicate that it is time for dryer vent cleaning:
1. Your monthly energy costs have increased, and you cant pinpoint another cause.
2. There is a noticeable presence of mold and mildew in your laundry area or on your clothes.
3. Your dryer is exceedingly hot when you touch it.
4. Your clothes are hot when you take them out of the dryer.
5. Your clothes are taking longer than usual to dry, typically more than one cycle.
6. You notice a burning smell coming from your dryer (or your clothes smell burnt).
7. Your clothes are still covered in lint, animal hair, etc. even after a full dryer cycle.
Contact your local dryer vent cleaning company if you notice any of the above signs.