Art touches so many aspects of our lives, some in ways we donít even realize. This means that if youíre considering a degree in art, you can take your education in so many different industries and can obtain anything from an arts certificate to a doctoral degree. Even though you donít need to have a degree to become creative, arts education provides a solid foundation for your career path by increasing your skills. It doesnít end there Ė as it turns out, taking up this opportunity in education means that youíll be nicely compensated for your talent, as you also gain valuable experience.
Our featured careers
Can you envision, innovate, design, are ambitious, and create beautiful things? Pursuing an art education will propel you towards very unexpected destinations; your career options are limited only by your imagination. Whether you love painting, photography, fashion, graphic design, or have any other art-related passion, there are a ton of career opportunities for you regardless of the path you take.
1. Art Directors
Wage - $94,420
are behind the visual style of a product. Their main duties include formulating concepts, creating layouts, obtaining client approval, and overall management of the design team.
Most people in this career have at least a bachelorís degree in art or design.
2. Fashion designers
create original designs for new clothes, footwear, and other accessories. Their tasks include sketching ideas, selecting fabrics or patterns to be used, and then working the pieces into a collection that will appeal to consumers.
Most fashion designers have a bachelorís degree in a related field such as fashion design or fashion merchandising.
3. Web Developers
Web developers design and create websites. They ensure that their clients get the look they desire and the platformís performance is as should be. Many in the field have at least an associateís degree in web design. You have the chance to work as developers in almost every region of the world. For example, if you are a resident of Victoria, Australia, King Kong
is one of the companies where you can apply for a job in Web Developer. However, there are developers options in Bunnings Warehouse Australia Jobs
4. Makeup Artists
Makeup artists apply makeup on their clients when theyíre attending special events like weddings and proms. They may also transform an actorís face and/or body part during their movie/theater roles. The second class is referred to as special effects (SFX) makeup artists.
See also: How to Make More Money as an Artist
Architects plan and design houses, factories, office buildings, and other structures. They can work on both public and private projects and design for indoor and outdoor spaces.
Becoming an architect is a three-step process. First, you have to complete at least a bachelorís degree in architecture, then gain relevant experience through a paid internship, and lastly pass the Architect Registration Examination.
Arts careers are varied as the color wheel itself. Other positions that you should consider post-graduation as an arts major include:
1. College English language and literature teachers - $66,590
2. College art, drama, and music teachers - $66,960
3. Multimedia artists and animators - $65,300
4. Senior fashion designers - $79,292
5. Technical writers - $71,850
6. Writers and authors - $62,170
7. Editors - $57,210
8. Film and video editors - $62,650
9. Camera operators - $55,080
10. Creative directors - $86,729
11. Producers and directors - $71,680
12. Content strategists - $73,000
13. Digital strategist - $91,250
14. Digital marketing manager - $80,000
15. Marketing analytics manager - $93,250
16. Public relations specialists - $58,020
17. Gallery managers - $48,656
18. Visual designers - $81,000
19. Product designers - $97,162
20. Technical designers - $61,223
21. Industrial designer - $67,790
22. Interior designers - $58,585
23. Landscape architects - $69,360
24. Store planner - $71,013
25. Graphic designer -$52,110
26. User interface (UI) designers - $72,750
27. User experience (UX) designer - $93,000
28. User experience (UX) researchers - $71,000
29. Front end web developers - $72,750
30. Art curator -$54,570
Arts careers often get a bad rapport for being low paying which couldnít be further from the truth. If youíre a highly creative and eccentric individual, you donít have to suffer as a ďstarving artistĒ because you can easily settle for any of the lucrative careers we just talked about.
Itís quite clear that the journey to a creative career isnít always clear cut so maybe if you were feeling confused about the direction to take, we hope that you now feel guided. You also know the average salary to expect if you follow a certain career path. If youíre a creative person looking for a job that exercises your talents and interests, donít despair.