How to independently adjust the daily intake of Victor premium dog food? It is important to understand that the daily intake of Victor dog food reviews on website indicated in the table needs individual adjustment and may differ in different foods. Therefore, it is best to check the packaging if for some reason you do not have it, for example, you bought feed by weight, then go to the manufacturer's website. It is also important to remember that the norm for puppies is very different from the norm for adult dogs.
As mentioned above, the change in the daily rate depends on several factors. An upward adjustment is possible for the following categories of cases:
- Working and active dogs that live outdoors and exercise a lot need extra nutrition. You can increase the rate at your discretion and the state of the pet.
- A pregnant or lactating dog should receive more food, because she eats not only for herself, but also for her puppies. The daily rate can be increased by one.
- Like humans, dogs can have an individual metabolism, and if the dog remains too thin at the standard feed rate, the portions can be increased slightly. Again, it is necessary to increase the nutrition if the dog is exhausted for some reason. At the same time, it should be remembered that excessive thinness may be associated with some kind of disease.
- Certain breeds, such as Labradors, Rottweilers, French Bulldogs and some others are genetically prone to obesity, the weight of these dogs should be monitored especially carefully and, with any upward fluctuation, the feeding rate should be reduced.
- In older dogs (from about 7-8 years old), the metabolism slows down, again they begin to move less and spend less energy, the diet of such a dog should be appropriate.
- Sometimes dogs that have undergone castration or sterilization begin to gain extra pounds, this does not always happen, but it will still not be superfluous to monitor the weight of such a pet.
Remember, it is very important how much Victor food a dog eats and how much it meets the requirements of its body: overweight, as well as exhaustion, are fraught with various diseases for the pet.
How to feed your puppy dry Victor food?
The rules for feeding a puppy will be slightly different from the rules for feeding an adult dog, starting with the fact that a month old puppy needs to eat five or six times a day. With age, the number of feedings decreases, and from about a year, a puppy can eat in the same way as an adult dog. However, food for a growing organism requires a special one, and it should be introduced into the diet very carefully, gradually adding it to the menu that is familiar to the baby. The daily norm of food for a puppy is also prescribed on the package, it is much easier to follow the instructions here, because if the food is selected correctly, then of all the data that create an error, only the weight of the puppy changes, and it is quite simple to keep track of it at home.