Computer Numerical Control – CNC is controlled by computer for machine tools like grinders, mills, lathes, and routers. It is a complex machine that needs clear understanding and knowledge. So, if you are planning to buy used CNC machines, then this article is right for you.
Hi-Tech Machinery Inc. guides you through the smooth process of buying CNC machines and the important points that need to be kept in mind. Take the tour below.
What to consider before purchasing a CNC machine?
The most important thing when investing in the used CNC machines, USA
is to define and fix the budget before time. The budget here must not be just for the machine but for everything. Keep in mind how will be the machine be transported to the desired location, installation, and the hooking process of the machine. Also, about the accessories that the machine is going to be needed, repairs or replacements, and more. The budget depends totally on the machine type you are investing in.
But if you do not find the machine that suits your budget, then you can reevaluate your budget or the machine size.
How to choose the right CNC machine?
First, you must understand why you need CNC machines. Is it for personal preference or manufacturing of metal parts or moulds? This decision is very important as varied machines handle different material grades. This will also decide your production needs and requirements like,
● Workplace size and its utilization purpose. For instance, for massive production, an industrial grade milling machine is required, whereas, in the case of scale-down operation, a commercial quality machine is used.
● Speed of the machine, which will increase production needs. At times, slow CNC machines are more accurate and the best part, it comes in lower cost.
● The precision is the most important factor and this makes a huge price difference. It can range from .0001 tolerance level to .001 level.
You must always keep in mind to choose the machine which meets your production needs. If you have any doubts or are not sure about the machine and its type, it is better to consult and get guided by the experts as the CNC investment is an expensive affair.
What are the additional costs of the CNC machines?
Besides the machine, you will need a software package called CAD – computer aided design, as to design and model. It starts from a basic package ranging from $2000 and can exceed up to $15000. Apart from this, the training also costs between $200 to $600 per day. The installation can cost up to $200 to $500 and shipping can cost $2,000.
The cost mentioned above is not accurate and can vary depending upon the place and state you reside. So, before you decide to invest in the machine, ask your dealer for bundle packages like training, machine cost, installation, and shipping. This will help you lower down the investment cost.
Tips to Buy CNC Machine
● To buy the best CNC machine, ensure to consult as many experts as possible. Do your homework and know about the machine as much as possible. Know your demands and requirements and act accordingly.
● Ask your dealer about the detailed quotation. Never compromise on the quality of the machine and its parts. Know that the price suits the machine rightly.
● Make sure to clear off any doubts and discuss the machine in detail. Make a list of questions beforehand, so that it will be useful during the buying process.
● Inspect the machine carefully. Ensure to follow strict quality control and test it, as to make sure it’s perfect working condition.
● Ask for customer service and professional help. If the machine is old and requires parts replacement, then ask the dealers for the right buying place. Never forget to get the license and warranty of the machine and also its manual book, so that it will be helpful for you in future days.
Investing in a CNC machine is one of the most expensive investments for your company. It also decides your production and future business. Therefore, to make sure a smooth and worthy business investment, buy the machine only from the reputed and reliable dealers. Inspect the machine personally and buy it smartly.