are ideal for use in high traffic environments such as airports, hotels, and schools. The main purpose of this gate is to provide security, but there is much more to these devices than meets the eye. There are many configurations and options for wing gates, you may be confused and don't know how to choose. If you're in search of a perfect option for your new project, read on!
, is also called speed gate. It is is one of the most common pedestrian access gates. Its main features are fast and stable operation, as well as quiet and smooth operation. The flap barrier is composed of chassis, movement, control system, infrared sensor, control equipment, etc. The material is imported or domestic SU304, and the thickness is generally 1.5mm.
How Does flap barrier work?
The working principle of the flap barrier: a fast retractable door is embedded in the chassis on both sides. When the device detects the opening signal, the two doors will retract rapidly simultaneously, making the current passageway in an unobstructed state. The main control board of the machine has a pulse signal command, the control system directs the mechanical system to work, and the door will open. Pedestrians pass the infrared monitoring point, and the machine control board notifies the movement motor to close the door. When the infrared sensor detects illegal intrusion, it will trigger an alarm. At the same time, there are electronic anti-pinch and mechanical anti-pinch to ensure the safety of users.
The movement is equipped with mechanical anti-pinch, even if the infrared anti-pinch is broken, the mechanical anti-pinch can protect pedestrians from being pinched by obstacles, which greatly improves the safety of traffic. Electronically controlled industrial-grade chip, good stability, no crash, fast recovery, infrared sensor can detect the signal.
What are the differences between flap barrier and tripod turnstile?
Tripod turnstiles is another device used for entrance management, which we can see in many places such as hotels, gymnasiums, subways, stations, clubs, subways and other places. So what are the differences between flap barrier and tripod turnstile?
1. Security levels. The three-roller gate is a primary dissuading device, which only has the function of guiding and does not have safety. The flap barriers have functions such as anti-climbing alarm, anti-tailing alarm, anti-pinch electronic eyes, etc., and are products with a relatively high safety level.
2. Working methods. Flap barriers work with motors, while tripod turnstiles (except fully automatic) work with a combination of metal limit + mechanical reset and manual propulsion;
3. Cost. Tripod turnstiles are entry-level channel products and can only be used for civilian-level channels, while flap barriers are intermediate-level products that can support high-traffic places such as civil-level and rail transit;
Open/close speed. Due to the different working mechanism, the opening speed is also different. The opening and closing time of flap barriers can basically be controlled at about 0.2 seconds, while the opening and closing time of tripod gates is about 1 second;
5. Passage width. flap barriers provide a 600mm or 900mm channel to allow people with luggage or trolleys to pass through. The channel width of tripod turnstiles is 550mm, and one person is allowed to pass at a time.
6. The allowable traffic volume per minute. flap barriers provide higher traffic speed, people can pass quickly, the fastest can reach 50-60 people/min. And the maximum passing speed (actual calculation) of tripod turnstiles is 20-30 people/min.
How to Choose the Right flap barriers?
flap barriers are ideal management and guidance equipment for high-frequency pedestrian access passages. They have been widely used in airports, subway stations, stations, docks, scenic spots, parks, and office units. It can cooperate with the smart card to realize the function of the off-line ticketing management system and form the unattended management of personnel entry and exit.
If you are looking for a reliable supplier of flap barriers, it is very necessary to ensure that the products they provide have the following functions:
- Recognition and memory function, which can customize the number of times of swiping and reading cards and the way of single-pass recognition according to the usage.
- Automatic reset function, after a short period of time, the same person will not be granted a second pass.
- The function of opening the gate after power failure is set to meet the requirements of fire exits.
- Unified external interface, can provide a variety of system docking services, and realize remote control and management of the central computer.
- Use alarm function: including sound and light alarm, unauthorized intrusion alarm and anti-tailing alarm, anti-pinch electronic eyes, anti-drilling and climbing over and other functions.
- Modular development, which can be embedded with face recognition, fingerprint recognition and other modules to achieve non-standard customization to meet user needs.
Finally, the choice of flap barriers should be based on your specific needs. In order to ensure the normal and safe operation of the channel, it is recommended to choose professional manufacturers with good qualifications and strong product strength. Only by choosing high-quality products can we have a guarantee for long-term use.