Requirements for Magento developers
Knowledge of Magento with certification.
The candidate should have a good understanding of front-end and back-end development tasks and be able to apply this knowledge to real projects.
Proficiency in a programming language.
Magento is an e-commerce platform written in PHP. The developer should be familiar with its technology stack for further work.
Widget development capabilities.
To make data transportable and efficient, the applicant should have skills in widget development.
Knowledge of CMS theme development.
Magento web developers should be well skilled in developing themes for CMS, which means they should be able to create a great design for websites according to business requirements.
Knowledge PSD and XHTML.
In addition to knowing basic programming languages, developers should be proficient in converting PSD files to XHTML. In-depth knowledge of these aspects will ensure the desired results and the ability to work with Magento templates.
Even though it is secondary, an understanding of Magento SEO practices will be a big plus. After all, this is an important aspect of improving a site's performance and getting it to the top of the search engines to increase visibility.
Tasks of Mangeto developer
Certainly, Magento is one of the most advanced eCommerce platforms that has paved new ways for emerging and established eCommerce merchants. The continuous improvements in features and capabilities will be the source of great success for the performers. To handle the backend and frontend process of Magento commerce development, professional Magento developers should take on certain types of tasks, either as freelancers or as permanent employees. Based on the role they play, the tasks are classified into two categories. These are.
Front-end Magento developers as the name suggest program the front-end of a website. The essential goal of developers in this position is to ensure the effective implementation of Magento website design (created by web developers) on the web. A few of the common responsibilities of front-end developers are:
- Ensuring that the website has a good design and is responsive enough for mobile and PC users;
- Using a markup language like HTML to create websites;
- Ensuring a better user experience;
- Maintaining better SEO practices;
- Setting up software workflow management;
- Testing the website and fixing bugs;
- Making an alliance with backend developers to improve the scalability of the website;
- Creating high-quality mockups and prototypes;
- Bringing high consistency in terms of graphics and standards;
- Keeping up to date with Magento technologies;
- Asking and getting feedback from clients and customers to improvise.
Backend Magento Developers are responsible for integrating the work done by front-end developers and writing web services. They create functionality for websites via Magento extensions or custom code. In addition, there are advanced tasks and responsibilities such as:
- Creating libraries for future use;
- Optimizing the Magento website for privacy;
- Developing new functionality in line with the product team's requirements;
- Ensuring consistent and smooth communication with clients and customers;
- Creating usable and efficient document code;
- Creating and implementing data storage solutions;
- Ensuring the speed and scalability of the website;
- Supporting the entire project lifecycle;
- Collaborating with front-end developers and other related team members for brainstorming;
- Ensuring better configuration, setup, and debugging;
- Implementing the project into the real-world environment;
- Profiling the project after its launch.
Where to find a Mangeto developer?
In-house employees: This would certainly be interesting for companies that are constantly taking on new tasks in the Magento field. If you need people at the customer's site, this approach makes sense. However, the requirements are appropriate office space, administrative capabilities, suitable employer branding, etc.
Freelancers: they certainly have the most competence when it comes to creating online stores. The advantage of this approach is that the Magento expert already has years of experience. However, there is always the question of availability. Good experts are not easy to find. The word "free" in the word freelancer also shows that they do not necessarily want to work for one company, but for several.
Agency: The advantage of an Internet agency or advertising agency is certainly that it brings together expertise from many fields. Whether it's design, online advertising, or conversion rate optimization, such a company has a wide range of capabilities. There are far fewer disadvantages to this approach. There are plenty of agencies out there. Here is most popular one: https://dinarys.com/magento
Outsourcing: The two main aspects are lower overhead (no extra office space for more programmers, less administrative work such as payroll, providing computers, etc.) and lower costs (lower hourly rates). However, you can only benefit from this if you have in-house programmers who can check the quality of the work done. You also should have the appropriate project management skills.
If you already run a Mangeto store, but want to improve it adding more features and castomization, you can use magento 2 store migration services
. Mangeto 2 has:
● Improved performance
● Better operational efficiency
● Easier checkout process
● New shopping experience