Are you looking to get into digital art? You know about Photoshop, but you heard about Procreate, and you are wondering if Procreate is good enough? Can it be used on a professional level?
The answer is yes!
Procreate is used by many professionals around the world.
So, what is special about Procreate?
When you open most software, looking through all the different options can be really overwhelming not knowing where to even start.
Well, thats not the case with Procreate. The first time you open the application a couple of hours of doodling around and you can learn enough to start working on your first creation.
Another great thing that Procreate is quite popular drawing app and you can find many additional Procreate resources
to learn even faster and speed up your workflow. Once you master Procreate, the possibilities are limitless of what you can achieve.
What can you expect to do with Procreate?
Other than the satisfying feeling you get from drawing in it as a hobby and admiring your results, you can even make a carrier out of it.
● There are lots of clients who are looking for custom made digital art, you can start working as a freelance illustrator choosing your own work schedule. Here is an example of an illustration where the client wanted a cartoony version of their favourite moment.
● With Procreate you can start off working in the childrens book industry. Some clients here prefer to have their illustrations look like they are drawn traditionally.
That can be easily done with Procreate as well. There are lots of amazing custom-made brushes you can find on the web to get your artwork look like it was made traditionally.
In the picture bellow a custom-made watercolor brush was used to create a traditionally illustrated looking drawing.
● You can also do web design and make logos in Procreate. So, if you are a business owner or you are looking to start one, Procreate can help you create your own webpage and logo to look synced like a brand. You will have the tool to make illustrations you can use for marketing as well.
Procreate used to make a website banner.
● Another good feature the application has is time-lapse recording. It can record automatically your whole drawing process. This can help you to look back and see if you made any mistakes and do better the next time. The recording can also be exported in a video file, so with some video editing skills and a bit of creativity you can make some interesting videos with this feature.
● Bringing up videos, I have to mention the animation assist feature as well. With Procreate you can make some simple animations, gifs. You could even animate your logo design. At the time of writing this article, Procreate does not yet have the possibility of drawing on multiple layers on the animation timeline. But the developing team is constantly adding new features to Procreate, so who knows maybe one day Procreate becomes even one of the best apps to use for animation as well.
These are some of the things you can accomplish.
Since Procreate works on an iPad you dont need a tablet plugged in to your PC. You have all the tools at hand, and you can do all this even in the comfort of your bed. Doesnt that sound great? Working at your own pace while having fun?
One last thing to add. Procreate comes at an enticing price of just 9.99 USD one time fee. Being capable to do pretty much anything an illustrator might need.
Whether you want a drawing app for fun or use professionally procreate is a perfect choice to go with.
With all the different features it comes with it can be used for more than just drawing.
We hope you found this article helpful and best of luck in your digital art journey!