Despite the pandemic, many businesses are still looking at the idea of moving their business to somewhere else. However, executing a business relocation during these tough times can be very challenging and complicated. With all the things that need to be done, the process can take a lot of time, money, and energy.
Luckily, there are plenty of ways that can help you relocate your business. Consider the following steps when moving your company during the pandemic:
1. Talk To Your Employees About The Move
The first thing you should do is to discuss the relocation with your employees. Due to the impact of COVID-19 to oneís physical and mental health, itís important to sit down with your workers to tackle your relocation plans and encourage them to provide recommendations to make the process less stressful.
For example, you can use the meeting as an opportunity to come up with a detailed moving plan. From the health and safety measures to put in place to the essential tasks that need to be done, you need to discuss all these things with your employees to ensure a smooth moving experience.
2. Hire An Experienced Moving Company
While you always have the option to move your business on your own, itís always in the best interest of your company to seek professional help during this transition. Generally, moving a business is already difficult but it becomes a more daunting task when you have to execute it with coronavirus on the side.
Because of this, itís best to work with a reliable long distance moving company
. By hiring a relocation crew, you donít need to stress yourself out with the logistics of the process. Instead of letting your employees pack their own office stuff, you can entrust the job to the professionals while you and your employees can focus on the more pressing matters such as your business operations.
But since the move will take place during the pandemic, you, as a business owner, should check the moving companyís ability to offer safe relocation services. Thus, when hiring movers, make sure the one you consider does the following:
● Wearing of face masks as well as personal protective equipment
● Frequently sanitizing hands
● Observing a safe distance from other people
● Frequently disinfecting the moving truck and moving equipment
● Temperature checks and other healthy protocols during the moving day
3. Pack Your Office Belongings Ahead Of Time
If you choose to pack your own office belongings, then itís important to have them done as early as you can. Given the chaos associated with a business relocation, you should find time to pack some stuff little by little to make the process much easier and faster. Not only that but by packing early, you can avoid roaming around during the big day which can increase your chances and that of your employees of getting infected by COVID-19.
On the other hand, when packing all your office belongings, make sure to observe the minimum safety standards. For instance, you should put some bottles of sanitizers in every corner of your office so your employees can use them while doing the job. Also, remind your employees to sanitize your office items before putting them in the boxes. Lastly, donít forget to label your boxes accordingly so you wonít miss anything during the transit.
4. Follow Some Safety Measures On The Big Day
Well, a business relocation executed during the COVID-19 pandemic can be a tough process. With the health and safety of your staff and everyone involved on the line, you need to be extra careful when the moving day arrives.
To make this day less stressful and safe, be sure to consider the following tips:
● Have a moving team by your side: Designate a moving team who will be responsible for the logistics during the big day. By doing this, you donít need to require all your employees to actively participate in the loading and unloading of boxes. With the help of the best moving company NYC
or wherever you may be located, your employees donít have to help in the process. Instead, you can ask them to stay at home while the job is going on to ensure their safety against the coronavirus.
● Practice social distancing: With some of your employees as well as your hired moving crew in the action scene, make sure everyone is doing social distancing. Place some markings on the floor to ensure a safe distance is observed throughout the relocation process.
● Always wear a mask: For optimum protection against the virus, you should wear a face mask at all times. This can also reduce the risk of getting anyone infected while the move is on the go.
● Conduct temperature checks upon entering the premises: During the relocation day, itís a good idea to run temperature checks before anyone can enter your old office premises. By doing this, you can ensure that anyone who participates in the process doesnít show symptoms of the virus.
The Bottom Line
Realistically speaking, moving your business in the middle of the pandemic can be an overwhelming undertaking. But by following the tips mentioned above, you can ensure a successful and safe relocation for your business and employees.