In simpler words Mathematics is a subject or study of space, quantitative numbers, shapes, patterns, algebra and arrangement. It is derived from greek word Mathema which means science, knowledge and learning. It is said that 2500 years ago this subject originated in ancient Greece and since then it became an adjunct subject. It is very closely related to our daily lives. It has evolved from counting, measurement, calculation, study of motion objects through various other applications like abstraction, logic and imagination.
Do you know that Archimedes is known as the father of maths?
Math as a subject
It is a subject of mental discipline. It requires a lot of rigorous practice and hard work. It is comparatively easier if related well to daily lives of individuals. It contains logical reasoning and helps in better understanding of other disciplines like science, social studies, astrology and even music and art. Math holds an important place in school curriculum. It improves rational thinking. It makes you analytical regarding everyday measurements. MS. Swift, who is a math teacher, and also works as online math tutors
feels that it is an interesting and most important subject of life.
Is Math scary?
Some children hate math or they don't find it interesting. This is because they find it difficult to understand and apply the principles and concepts. It is extremely important to understand and practice the skill in the right way. This will help to overcome math anxiety.
Scoring High in Maths
It is always a concern among students how to score high marks in Math. This subject haunts many children but at the same time it is favorite too.
1) The rule of regularity: When you get homework from school, always try to finish it on that day only. Never keep it pending. If you are regular and complete your homework on time, you will never miss core understanding of the concepts.
2) Practice with a study partner: Try to practice solving questions with your study partner. It will give you an edge to discuss the problem and a competitive environment to solve the problem quickly.
3) Teacher-student relationship: Not only math but in every subject, if you are attentive in class and respect your teacher definitely you will have a better understanding of the subject.
4) Analyzing mistakes: If any mistake is made by you while solving problems analyze it properly. Check what kind of mistake it is. Is it conceptual fault, calculative fault or carelessness at your end? Work on it by practicing even more.
5) Time management: While solving questions take care of time management. One should not spend too much time on one question or easy questions so that you don't leave time to solve other problems. Again managing time needs practice.
6) Careful reading: One should read and understand the problems carefully. Try reading twice or even thrice to have a clear understanding of what to do in a question. This helps in eliminating confusions. James, who provide do my assignment
service says that if you misinterpret a problem you will end up making mistakes.
7) Stop swallowing: If you are not sure about a question then give it a try and ask for help. Stucking at one place and wasting time is not a good idea. There is no good question or bad question. Be wiser and discuss problems. It will help in improving your skills.
8) Master algebra: It is not rocket science but one of the easiest branches in math. If you get it well and practice it will be as easy as making an apple in a drawing file.
9) Mental math: It is a skill which requires brainly calculations without using any medium like paper and pencil, calculator. Developing these skills will help students to speed up their calculations and contribute in scoring high marks.
Practicing it right!
A subject that require focus, dedication, patience and hard work, is followed by regular practice. It is as interesting as playing any favorite sport of your choice but you needs to grasp the idea behind the concept. The more you practice the more you will excel.
Hard Work always pays off.