Nicknamed “The Defender”, Jayce is a protector of his homeland by using his courage, strength, and visible intelligence. Many others adore his skills of inventing things that could help in providing his homeland the safety that they deserve. Even though some envies his abilities, many are still in gratitude for his undying love in the land that he grew in.
Win Rate: 48%
● His powerful Mercury Hammer can transform into a Mercury Cannon that has new abilities and make an attack that reduces the counter’s Magic Resist and Armor.
● Gives magic damage to the target and drives them backward at a short distance.
● Utilizes an Acceleration gate that increases the speed of any associate champion that would pass through it. It can also fire a Shock Blast at a missile speed that has increased damage to the enemy.
● Can create a field of lighting that can strike nearby counters for a few seconds.
● Can fire an electric orb that explodes upon thrashing the enemy.
● Jayce can leap into the enemy’s location and cause physical damage.
Jayce is one of the champions most people usually see on the top lane. He has a great damage input, can win solos, and has a high chance of being in lead in the Early/Mid-game.
Recently, Jayce has been making a name in the middle lane as well. His abilities to exterminate mid-laner counters he comes in the face with and intimidates the enemy’s strategy makes him a great choice in protecting the path. As most gamers tend to screw up more in the middle lane, Jayce has a higher potential of winning.
On the other side, if you are curious which champions are best at countering Jayce
, these are the best picks most players go with:
Role: Fighter, Mage
Many consider Yorick’s power over death both an honor and a curse. He is the lone survivor of a long-lost religious organization and is trapped on an island cohabiting with corpses and roaring spirits. He is named “Shepherd of Souls” and has a monstrous physique that drives the dead towards him.
● Summoning the Maiden of the Mist that attacks anyone who comes against Yorick.
● Throwing a Mourning Mist that drives the enemies slower and causes damage.
● Summoning a dark procession that blocks the enemy’s attacks and movements.
● Summoning of Mist Walkers to attack nearby counters.
Role: Mage, Tank
Maokai, “The Twisted Treant”, is one of the inhabitants of the Shadow Isles along with Yorick. He is vengeful after a catastrophic force destroyed his home. He was initially a bright spirit but due to some circumstances that caused chaos in his homeland, he now seeks vengeance whilst trying to find a way of restoring the place he grew into its former charming state.
● Maokai can attack counters with a shockwave that slows down the enemy.
● He can summon moving roots that keep the target in place and blocking every possible attack.
● Can toss a sapling to target the enemy; most effective when thrown in a bush nearby.
● Summoning nature’s grasp that builds a wall of thorns and brambles that slows down any forward advances of the enemy.
Role: Fighter, Tank
As a glorious warrior, he desires to die amid a war. This was contradicted after one prophecy stated that he will have a peaceful death, which he considers cowardice. Since then, he lived his life standing in the face of death and challenging a great number of warriors in a battle to prove his strength and ability to conquer every war. He was given the epithet, “The Berserker”.
● Olaf can be resistant to attacks temporarily.
● Attacks give great damage to the enemy with his reckless swing.
● Gives brutal strikes once Attack speed is increased.
● Slows the enemy’s movement by throwing his axes into the target location.