A selection of luxurious travel bags, hard-to-find wicker handbags and a limited-edition "Endless Road Birkin will be among the top attractions in Heritage Auctions
' Luxury Accessories Live auction Oct. 4.
"Travel this season is very sophisticated, stylish and chic, Heritage Auctions Luxury Accessories Director Diane D'Amato said. "This auction has an array of bags that are perfect for your next getaway, bags that are useful as well as romantic and luxurious.
The Hermès 60cm Miel Porosus Crocodile Birkin Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $40,000-60,000) is a beautiful bag offering the ideal combination of subtle brilliance and style. Done in Miel Porosus Crocodile with Palladium hardware, it features two rolled handles and a flap top with a turnlock closure, while the interior is in Miel Chevre leather. The bag includes a lock, two keys and a clochette.
An Hermès Limited Edition 35cm Fauve Barenia Leather & Osier Wicker Kelly Picnic Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $36,000-40,000) rides a surge in demand for high-end wicker. Done in Fauve Barenia leather and Osier Wicker with Palladium hardware, it offers one top handle and a flap top with a turnlock closure; the Fauve Chevre leather interior includes three slip pockets. The Hermès Jaune de Naples Swift Leather and Osier Wicker Kelly Mini II Picnic with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $20,000-30,000) that is also included in the sale, boasts both an interior and exterior done in Jaune de Naples Swift leather and Osier wicker with Palladium hardware. It also features a top handle, along with a removable shoulder strap and a flap top with a turnlock closure. Both come from limited production runs and therefore are extremely difficult to find.
The Hermès Limited Edition 50cm Bleu de Prusse Togo Leather "Endless Road" HAC Birkin Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $35,000-40,000) is an impressive work of art, with pieces of the Bleu de Prusse Leather arranged to form a beautiful landscape design on all four side of the bag; the back shows a river flowing from a range of mountains, while the front depicts the headlights from a car driving past the water and mountains. The bag has two rolled handles and a flap top with a turnlock closure, while the interior is done in the same Bleu de Prusse leather as the exterior.
Another trend among collectors is smaller handbags, which helps explain the popularity of a group of 20cm Hermès Lindy bags, including:
· Hermès 20cm Blue Pale Clemence Leather Lindy Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $10,000-14,000)
· Hermès 20cm Gold Clemence Leather Lindy Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $8,000-10,000)
· Hermès 20cm Black Clemence Leather Lindy Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $8,000-10,000)
The auction features a pair of exclusive and one of a kind Hermes Petit H handbags an Hermès Petit H Graphite Vache Hunter Leather, Shiny Jaune Ambre, & Graphite Niloticus Alligator Minaudière with Palladium Hardware and an Hermès Petit H Noir Hunter Leather, Shiny Blue Roi & Emerald Alligator Minaudiere with Palladium Hardware each of which carries a pre-auction estimate of $6,000-8,000. Petit H craftsmen work with the idea of breathing life into already-existing material to create these extraordinary keepsakes.
An Hermès 28cm Dalmatian Buffalo Leather Retourne Kelly with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $13,000-20,000) is a beautiful limited-edition collector's piece, done in rare Dalmatian Buffalo leather with Palladium hardware, one top handle, a removable shoulder strap, and a flap top with a turnlock closure. The Black Chevre leather has one zip pocket and two slip pockets. This bag includes two keys, a lock and a clochette.
The Luxury Accessories Live Signature auction also includes an impressive selection of jewelry, led by an Hermès Niloticus Ombre Bracelet in Rose Gold with Light Green Sapphires (estimate: $35,000-45,000). The bracelet's pattern is inspired by the prized Niloticus Crocodile skin used on the most the most high-end Hermès Birkin and Kelly handbags. Done in Rose Gold set with Light Green Sapphires, the bracelet features a push-lock closure and comes with an Hermès box.
Additional top jewelry lots in the auction include, but are not limited to:
· An Hermès 18K Yellow Gold & Full Diamond Collier de Chien Bracelet (estimate: $20,000-36,000)
· An Hermès Chaîne d'Ancre Lumiere Bracelet in White Gold with Diamonds (estimate: $18,000-26,000)
· An Hermès 18K Yellow Gold & Half Diamond Collier de Chien Bracelet (estimate: $8,000-12,000)
· A Louis Vuitton 18K White Gold & Diamonds Les Ardentes Earrings (estimate: $8,000-10,000)
Other top lots in the auction include, but are not limited to:
· An Hermès 30cm Matte Black Niloticus Crocodile Birkin Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $28,000-34,000)
· An Hermès 23cm Matte Vert D'Eau Alligator Double Gusset Constance Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $26,000-34,000)
· An Hermès 23cm Matte Black Alligator Double Gusset Constance Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $26,000-30,000)
· An Hermès Shiny Mykonos Alligator Kelly Pochette Bag with Gold Hardware (estimate: $22,000-28,000)
· An Hermès Etain Epsom Leather Constance Long To Go Wallet with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $10,000-14,000)
· A Goyard Black Goyardine Coated Canvas Steamer Trunk (estimate: $5,000-7,000)