Car collisions are a major cause of injury and death in America and California is no exception. Hundreds of people are injured and dozens die in accidents in road accidents in California. If you have been in a car wreck and you or a loved one has suffered an injury, you must contact an experienced lawyer to secure fair compensation, which is essential to a full recovery.
Regrettably, many insurance companies indulge in unscrupulous business practices and make this process difficult and complex for the accident victims.
Tips for Selecting an Accident Attorney
If you suffered injuries in a car accident, it’s important to contact an attorney at the earlier. But choosing the right lawyer is not easy if you have no prior idea who to turn to. Here are a few tips that can help you choose the best car accident attorney:
1. Experience: Always choose a lawyer with ample experience. You should go for an attorney who has an extensive history of dealing with car accidents.
2. Focused Practice: You should prefer choosing a personal injury attorney who specializes in handling car accidents, as opposed to a generalist dealing with all kind of cases. If you’re were injured in a motorcycle crash in California
, you want to retain a motorcycle accident lawyer in California. Where a person was injured by a semi truck, a truck crash lawyer
will be more knowledgeable to help you than a regular injury attorney.
3. Personal Service: Some law firms take as many cases as possible to make more money. With such firms, the client would often get the short end of the stick and do not get the kind of service and personal attention they deserve.
4. Communication: A common complaint of people about accident attorneys is poor communication. Some lawyers don’t call people back or they are too slow to respond. In a car accident lawsuit, the client needs a law firm that will keep them updated throughout the course.
5. Past Result: When considering hiring an attorney, always consider their past results. Ask yourself if they have an impressive track record. And, make sure they have a good number of car accident settlements and court verdicts listed on their website.
6. Trial Experience: This is crucial that you look for the best personal injury lawyer with trial experience. Though most vehicle accident cases will settle out of court, you should hire a law firm that can handle your case in best manner if it proceeds to a trial. You will essentially need to move court if the insurance company involved does not offer you a fair settlement. Insurance companies will take you more seriously if they fear you might go to court and know that you have a reputable law firm at your back. The insurance companies always know which accident lawyers could take cases to trial and which ones would avoid stepping foot in a courtroom.
Hiring a lawyer after a car crash may not be the first thing on your mind but availing the services of an experienced attorney is crucial, more so when a vehicle accident involves serious injuries.
• A lawyer can assist you through the whole post-accident procedure. This includes any paperwork required to secure a settlement. Also, an attorney will give you valuable counsel on seeking compensation for any damages. If you’ve suffered injuries or serious physical damages, a lawyer can help you negotiate for compensation for your car accident claim.
• Help with medical bills and loss of income claim. Hiring a law firm with proven experience of securing money for clients to cover the costs of expensive medical bills, to hire experts and to make for temporary loss of income is crucial. The attorneys at Nakase Law Firm have all the means, desire, and experience to help you every step of the way.
• A lawyer can also advise you on recovering your damages. Settling through an insurance claim first is usually the ideal, but in case of serious accidents, moving court for a personal injury claim may be more effective.
• If you decide to file a recovery lawsuit, the services of an experience lawyer are invaluable. An attorney can help you organize the paperwork for the lawsuit and use their resources to gain more information needed to win your case. More importantly, an expert lawyer has the knowledge and experience to fight for you if the claim proceeds to a trial setting.