An exhibition can be a life-changing event for not only fresh artists but also old ones. Artists decide to go to the exhibition when they have completed their collection. Art is something that is affiliated with emotions and personal experiences, so every collection has a different level of importance in the life of an artist. The degree of success of one exhibition has nothing to do with the other as people come up with new innovative masterpieces over time.
In short, getting an opportunity to exhibit your art is not less than a blessing. But it is really important to make sure that one makes the utmost use of this opportunity. Exhibitions can be your career boosters if carried out properly and the worst source of demotivation if flooded with blunders. To make sure that everything goes well; all the artists must take care of the following points,
Categorization of Exhibition
To make things easier to handle and ensure that you do not miss any detail, consider dividing the exhibition into major categories and then subdivide the tasks of these major categories into subdivisions. Any exhibition can be best allocated if split into two headings.
If a person sees the exhibition in a wider view, there are only two things. The masterpieces to be displayed and the person who will be displaying them.
When a person is talking about exhibition then art does not refer to the paintings only. The person who is thinking of exhibiting his art, indeed, has the collection ready. There are hundreds of other things that have to be taken care of under this category. For instance,
1. Site of the Exhibition: The site chosen for the exhibition can have a drastic effect on the exhibition. There is no doubt in the fact that the collection exhibited in an exclusive gallery will appeal to the attendees more than the one displayed in the gallery with no class. So, choose the location with great care.
2. Choosing the best of best pieces from the collection: The artists must understand that quantity does not matter as much as quality does. Rather than displaying everything, choose selective pieces
that you think are worth watching. Moreover, make sure that those pieces have harmony in them. They are in some way or the other interlinked or complete each other. It will turn the exhibition of individual pieces into an astounding collection.
3. Final touching: You are not going to hang your paintings on the wall as it is. You will need to do some finishing for sure. No matter if it means painting the edges of the paintings or getting them framed. Everything has to be perfect. Some of the artists leave the framing of paintings in the galleries. It can be the worst mistake an artist can make. This is because these frames are the extensions of their art and it is a must thing for extensions to be as amazing as the painting itself, otherwise, it will ruin the whole piece.
4. Certificates of authenticity: You must keep in mind that any negligence can lead to severe consequences. So despite all the excitement of the exhibition, make sure that you keep the documentation complete. From signing the major invoices to getting the permission letters, everything must be done before you hold your exhibition.
5. Getting the place and staff ready: People who are attending the conference will not be seeing your collection only. Their unconscious and conscious mind will see the bigger picture which will include all the things from the infrastructure of the gallery to the intricacy of your collection. So, the artist needs to make all the decisions himself. Even the slightest detail like the design of the lanyard worn by the staff, it must be your choice. You can get customized lanyards for staff and yourself which complement your collection from 4inlanyards.com
When you are finally satisfied with your collection, the next step is to get yourself ready. This is because you are going to be the center of attention of the whole gathering. There is no doubt that a painting is an art and art does not need any speaker at all. It speaks for itself. But being an active involver you can change the mood of the whole exhibition. Nobody can give a better insight into the paintings as the artist himself. Just a few words can completely change the spectator’s perspective about your painting. So, you need to be ready as well.
1. The first and foremost step is to get the CV or resume ready. It is the key that will be opening the doors of the gallery for you. So, it needs to be amazing because the more amazing it will be, the higher will be the class of the gallery.
2. The next step is choosing an outfit for you. It is a common fact that people choose their outfit according to their choice, personality, aptitude, and character. A person can guess hundreds of facts about a stranger just by looking at his outfit. So, it is important to choose something which complements your art.
3. The last but not the least step is to get ready mentally. When you stocked the gallery with your collection and got everything ready and even before the crowd hit it, you became a victor. You gave in your all. Now it is the time to be proud of yourself and enjoy the ride.