However, it sounds like working with the diamonds but this is not. Diamond painting is more like a combination of crossing stitch & paint by numbers
Housewives mainly like to do this type of work to decorate the house but you may find people from almost every age likes Diamond paint.
This is more like a new hobby for them. You just follow the orders of diamond filling & in the end; you will get a shiny & sparkling artwork made by yourself to hang on the wall or wherever you want to.
There are different sizes & paintings are available. If you are beginner & much worried about how you are going to finish this off, do not panic, you can go with smaller ones at the beginning just to keep a balanced pace of your work.
However, different companies make different artwork but diamond paintings still have some common materials & these are Canvas, Colorful Diamonds, Tools & wax tub. For more details please read HelloPortable's resource
Tips & Tricks
Now we are going to talk about some valuable tips & tricks
just to ensure that while you working with the diamond painting you are still enjoying that.
● The canvas that you are going to work on will be covered by plastic that is protecting the canvas & its adhesive from dust, dirt & drying out. peel off the part you are working on & keep other areas covered
● Before starting to work carefully, study the color chart & the symbols. For faster identification label on the diamond packages with marker pen &, it would be better to start working from the top corner
● Working with one color at a time will be much easier for you. There are always various colored diamonds available but working one at a time will be less time consuming & you will not get bored easily
● Use a multi-diamond applicator tool while working on a single color area or straight lines
● Diamonds are so light that they easily get attached to others & it's embarrassing to tear them apart sometime which kills the rhythm of our work. So before starting work take the diamonds on plastic trays & press it with another plastic tray & you might hear the sound of diamond breaking apart.
● To save your canvas from getting curly you can use two things. You can keep it under your bed mattress or you can stick it to a board with plastic tape on the corners.
● Keep the diamonds separated. You can use plastic bags/boxes to keep them. Well optimized system will help you work fast & smooth
● To prevent the applicator tool from drying out plastic can be used
● Whenever you start working & taking diamonds from packages to treys, try to lay them on the flat side of the diamond. It will be easier to work with the applicator tool if they are laid flat.
● Working on flat ground is preferable but sometimes canvas may get curly or the diamond can pop up from the canvas & avoid these situations gently push back the diamond on the canvas once again with a bit of adhesive & gentle push on the diamond
● Use wet clothes to remove dirt off the diamonds & try to remember not so hard that diamond gets misplaced.
● Start & keep continuing there is not much to do. Just follow few steps repeatedly. Lay the canvas on something flat & prepare the tools you need to work. Dip the tip of the applicator to help you pick up the diamonds. You do not need a lot of wax; just a little bit will be enough
● The color you will be working on & keep them on the trey & make sure they should be laid on the flat side so you can pick them up nicely with the applicator.
● Uncover only the area you will be working on & keep the other parts covered by the protective film
● You finished your painting put the protective plastic layer once again on it. Press the canvas with your hands or something heavy that the diamonds get to stick to the canvas.
● Painting is a great artwork that you can do by yourself and hang it on the wall of your home, the way you like to. However, there are some available options that you may follow to display your finished artwork.
● The easy glass frame is a fancy & nice option. Remove the glass from the frame, put the canvas in it & all set
● You can hang the painting on the wall by sewing the canvas on a fabric wall hanger
● Various type of artwork can be displayed through a pillow on the sofa or as a book cover
● A Family photo album cover also can be made by diamond paintings. Cut the painting according to the required album size & adhere it with double-sided foam tape that the cover & the canvas does not tear apart.
For better care of the canvas/artwork always try to remember that, scrubbing/brushing or dry cleaning is not the way you clean it up. Always use damp clothes to remove dirt off the painting.