Large colorless diamonds and a collection of earrings by Joel Arthur Rosenthal were in high demand at Heritage Auctions
' Spring Fine Jewelry Auction, and helped the final total sold in the event climb to $3,417,204.
All of the top 10 lots in the auction included white diamonds, while three sets of earrings by Rosenthal recognized by his "JAR" initials exceeded their pre-auction estimates by significant margins.
"Colorless diamonds are enjoying tremendous popularity, and that was evident by the way they were pursued by our clients," Heritage Auctions Senior Director of Fine Jewelry Jill Burgum said, "and the JAR lots achieved highly successful results following spirited bidding."
The event's top lot, a Diamond, Platinum Ring pursued by multiple bidders, attained a final sale price of $112,500. It boasts an emerald-cut diamond accented by tapered baguette-cut diamonds, set in platinum.
Right behind it was another Diamond, Platinum Ring, which produced a return of $93,750. It features a round brilliant-cut diamond accented by tapered baguette-cut diamonds, set in platinum.
A Diamond, Platinum, White Gold Ring achieved the same $93,750 result, more than doubling its pre-auction estimate. It features a modified pear brilliant-cut diamond accented by tapered baguette-cut diamonds, set in platinum and 14k white gold.
A stunning Sapphire, Diamond, White Gold Necklace produced a final sale price of $77,500. It boasts pear-shaped sapphires enhanced by round, brilliant, full, pear-shaped diamonds, all set in 18k gold.
A Diamond, Gold Ring featuring a marquise-shaped diamond accented by baguette-cut diamonds, set in 18k gold, generated multiple bids before selling for $68,750.
Three lots of JAR earrings drew significant interest and multiple bids:
· Aluminum Earrings (Teal), JAR, French: $10,937.50
· Aluminum, Gold Earrings (Red), JAR, French: $9,375
· Titanium, Gold Earrings, JAR, French: $8,125
Other top lots included, but were not limited to:
· Art Deco Diamond, Platinum, White Gold Bracelet, Marcel Chaumet, French, circa 1928 $52,500
· Art Deco Diamond, Platinum Bracelet $50,000
· Ceylon Alexandrite, Diamond, Platinum Ring $50,000
· Diamond, Platinum Ring $47,500
· Diamond, Platinum Ring, Cartier $47,500
· Diamond, Platinum Ring $45,000
· Emerald, Diamond, White Gold Jewelry Suite $42,500