MEXICO CITY.- After architectural and museographic renovation that presents the strategic role the frontier with United States had during the Revolution, the former Ciudad Juarez Museum of History was inaugurated as the Museum of the Revolution at the Frontier, a forefront precinct that offers public a dynamic, educational and fun visit.
The new museum is lodged in the late 19th century building that used to be the Customs Office, and a place that witnessed historical events such as the interview in 1909 of Porfirio Diaz, at the time President of Mexico, with his peer William H. Taft, from the United States, as well as the gathering when Madero and Diaz signed the treaties of peace in 1911.
MUSEF was inaugurated in November 18th 2010 with the exhibition Testimonios de una guerra. Fotografía de la Revolución Mexicana (Testimonies of a war. Photography of the Mexican Revolution), organized by the National Institute of Anthropology and History (INAH), as part of the celebrations of the Centennial of Mexican Revolution.
Architectural renovation took place respecting the original draft and conserving decorative elements when possible. It was conducted by the INAH National Coordination of Works, with advisory from architect Garcia Lascurrain, and included reinforcement of the upper stories, wall consolidation, hydraulic and electrical installations, as well as new illumination and security systems.
The aim of the new museum is to recover the crucial moments of the Revolution where Mexico and the United States were involved at the frontier, such as the Madero, Villa and Constitutionalist movements, declared Miguel Angel Berumen, curator of the new halls.
MUREF has a temporary exhibition hall at the central yard, as well as 9 permanent halls that account for the historical events and processes that took place in this building and of the Mexican Revolution that commemorates its first 100 years.