PARIS.- The National Museum of Modern Art (Centre Pompidou)
opened, on level 5, the new presentation of its collections from 1905 to 1960. The exhibition is entirely dedicated to artists, movements and themes of the founding history of modern art of the twentieth century. There are so many landmarks for visitors which illuminate the journey throughout a century of creation. Centre Pompidou has dedicated over 7000 m² to a thematic and chronological dialogue between works emblematic of all disciplines: visual arts, photography, architecture, design and film.
The clash reflects the vitality of the National Museum of Modern Art in presenting both big names in its collections such as Brancusi, Delaunay, Duchamp, Kandinsky, Leger, Matisse, Miró and Picasso and also the great movements from the founders of Modern Art (New Realism, Fauvism and Kinetic) as well as recent acquisitions such as the gift made by Lucien Hervé, the gift by Genevieve Catti-Gherasim Luca or the donation by Jean Le Moal.
Meanwhile, the historic rooms (Le Corbusier and the New Spirit), thematic (Biomorphism) or multidisciplinaries (Italy 1950-60 Art and Design), integrate the arts graphics, photography, design, architecture section.
Exceptional works have also been loaned by several foundations: the Foundation Alberto and Annette Giacometti in Paris, the Le Corbusier Foundation and the George Rouault Foundation.
Finally, the works are presented along with the Sarkis exhibition which runs until June 21, 2010, in different rooms of the museum, particularly in the area where there is a dedicated wall to the workshop of André Breton.